Home Forums Autism Recovery PANS/PANDAS

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DrWoeller 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jaelyn Gutierrez
    Participant

Hi Dr!
    I need some direction again. Jacob recently got sick with a viral infection/cold. We all got it. But it seemed to flare up something in his system. I think maybe he has pans?
    He started tearing shirts again and taking the strings out and eating them. He hadn’t done that in over a year.
    He is clearing his throat constantly which I read maybe Pans. He has various vocal tics and his OCD is up.
    Do you have any protocols for PANS? I read on someones blog that their NP recommended Goldenseal 2 twice daily, magnesium and NAC, for a pandas flare. I’m not sure if that would help for a PANS flare?
    Can you give me some suggestions?
    Thanks!

• Author
    Replies

Jaelyn Gutierrez
    Participant

Also Dr,
    I found this info about a protocol that Regarding Caroline blog used on her child.
    What do you think?
    regardingcaroline.com She used this Natural alternative to prescription antibiotics for STREP / PANDAS Disease Goldenseal (GS) — 500 mg, 4-5x per day Oil of Oregano (OoO) — 2 drops, 5x per day (tiny softgels equal 6 drops) Berberine complex — 200 mg, 5x per day Olive Leaf Extract (OLE) — 200 mg, 4x per day* Lauricidin — 1 pellet, 4x per day*

Please let me know? Thanks

Jaelyn Gutierrez
    Participant

Dr Woeller,

I think Pans might be the missing link as to why Jacob is still severely autistic. I can’t rest until I help him get better.

Please help me

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Jaelyn,
    There is no one specific protocol for PANDAS/PANS, but the one you listed from Regarding Caroline is similar to others. BioBotanical Research as similar products and they have some good support staff that could assist. I would suggest contacting them directly at https://biocidin.com and inquire about their Biocidin and Olivirex products.

Dr. Woeller

Jaelyn Gutierrez
    Participant

Ok thanks Dr! 🙂

Roshan De Alwis
    Participant

What is PAN/PANDAS and how does it differentiate from AUTISM?

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

PANDAS (similar to PANS) is an autoimmune disorder triggered by Group A Beta-Hemolytic Strep. It can cause vocal and motor tics, OCD, ADHD and regressive behavior problems. There are many children with PANDAS who are not autistic and some kids with autism who have PANDAS. What isn’t associated with PANDAS is the language, stereotypical and social problems characteristic of autism.

Dr. Woeller

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.